Saturday, January 23, 2010

Update #3




We now have a little minuscule sliver of a look into the nightmare that it is having to deal with insurance companies, referrals, laboratories and doctors offices. It sucks and I know that we haven't even had to deal with much compared to other people.

First off we have had to deal with the fact that there is only one specialty clinic in town and that clinic is in "the other hospital's" building and is associated with them so we are now trying to get out of paying a so called "facility use fee." It's either pay it, get our insurance to pay it or drive all the way to California. I'm hoping the insurance company just pays it otherwise I'm sure we will just pay it and suck it up. The only problem is when and if we have to go for follow up appointments. I don't mean to sound greedy or that we can't afford it but it just isn't right to do that to people.

The other issue recently has been that they told Larry three times that we would be seeing the doctor that Dr. Althoff recommended and referred us to. Then I get a phone call yesterday saying that their books were wrong and we will actually be seeing Dr. Torkelson. The office staff talked him up and promised that his patients love him...we'll see I guess. I'm sure he is a very good doctor and that what is going on with Jack is small beans compared to what they see everyday. But I'm a Mama Bear and the claws have come out! I just want the best of the best for my little man.

2 comments:

  1. I love his new pictures. You are so right about insurance companies, and they can be so difficult to get to the person who really knows the right answer. Be persistant, and ask for the supervisor if need be. Just as Jim, I threatened to chain myself to the desk at his HR office before I got them to take care of a problem!
    PS It was resolved that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, Just catching up with what's been going on with Jackson this week. I hope that everything is fine with your sweet little boy, and I'm sorry you've had to deal with the red-tape of insurance bs. Let's talk soon! Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete