Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Poo Poo in the potty this time

Alright, I'm sure it's the last thing you want to read about on here, but we think it's a pretty big deal...that's right folks, Jack went 'poo poo on the potty!' Jack and I were out playing in the living room, when he started pulling at his diaper through his PJ's. I had just changed a full diaper so I didn't think much of it at first, but he persisted. Then it hit me that whether he had to go or not, this was an opportunity to get him on the potty. We quick ran into the bathroom, pulled off his PJ's, and before I could get his diaper off he sat right down on the baby sized throne. I took his diaper off there, and he started pushing like he was going to pee. After several pushes he seemed to give up, but was having fun just sitting there. Then all of the sudden without warning a lout 'toot' sounded (well it wasn't that innocuous really), followed by the dull thump of...well...you can probably guess from the title of this post. We made a bit deal of it, danced, clapped, and cheered, then we got him cleaned up using the 'big boy toilet paper,' he thought that was pretty cool. In case you're wondering, we did take pictures of it, since it was a 'first,' but I'll hold off on posting a pic (I'm sure Nat will do that later). LET THE POTTY TRAINING BEGIN!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty awesome you guys! Hope it's going well! Jack really is a superstar.

    ReplyDelete