Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Update

We have been busy in our house recently with everyone going through various illnesses. Larry had a horrible range of symptoms I'm sure he would like kept private! Jackson's had a cold for a week that turned into a horrible ear infection. The left ear ruptured less than an hour before I got him to the doctor so we had to do 7 days of ear drops and are finishing up 10 days of Amoxicillin. The Amoxicillin then led to Jack's first ever diaper rash. Wow that is a horrible thing but it too is clearing up nicely thanks to some diaper free time and Butt Paste. Funny story about the diaper free time. We had him without a diaper and his onsie open. We were watching him play when all of a sudden he was looking down and trying to figure out what was getting his legs wet. He was totally confused and even though we had to clean it up we thought it was pretty cute. I then put a diaper on him with the bottom cut out for a vent hole. This was very cute until he had diarrhea. Oops. That was then end of our diaper free trial. I didn't really get too sick, just a tickle in my throat and a stuffy nose for a few days. Must be good girl genes.

Jackson is sure becoming quite the character. While changing him today, I was carefully wiping him, trying not to hurt his little red spots, when all of a sudden he tooted. I of course jumped and then giggled and for the first time I saw him giggle about tooting too. Then he did it again and laughed without me laughing. I would think that we shouldn't encourage this behavior but I think he's too far gone at this point. He's one of us! Another new thing that he is doing that we are encouraging is practicing walking. He'll stand up on his own and every once in a while take a few steps. He's really good at walking while holding someones hands. He's sleeping through the night most nights now. From 8:30ish to 7:30ish. That has been really nice. At his 12 month check-up the doctor told us to stop feeding him at night and to just lay him back down and tell him it's night time. I thought he was crazy but it totally worked. I did not realize how tired I was before but now I'm loving my sleep. I think that's all that's new these days. I'll try and post some cute pics we took recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment